Monday, August 16, 2021

Scratch - Make it fly!

Today we made a new Scratch project on making a character fly! To make it look like the character is flying, we coded the scenery to move behind the character. The main scenery were buildings and clouds. After coding the scenery, I decided to make a game out of it. My character would fly around looking for food, and when he found the food he would get points. The points would get higher and higher and when you get 20 points more, then my character would say something. If my character ate something bad like rubbish or junk food, it would take 3 points away from your score. After you lose 5 lives, you would lose all your progress. If you collect a heart, you will get an extra life.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ysabella I like the way how you showed other people in the school or anywhere else how to make an character fly in scratch.
    By:Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ysabella your scratch game sounds quite challenging but lots fun to play.
    Your writing is also very descriptive and without pictures it made me see exactly how you made your cat flying game.
    Scratch coding sounds much easier and tons more fun than the coding I learnt in university.
    It would be neat to see a picture or screenshot of your finished game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ysabella. Sounds like a great plan. I would love to see the final game. I think I would probably win if I played the game. I can't wait to play your game... and win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi that is pretty good and I think you described it well.

    ReplyDelete